COMMERCIAL FIRE ALARM SERVICES Edmonton
Do you need a commercial fire alarm system installed? Protect your business from going up in flames with our fire alarm installs, inspections, and monitoring.
CERTIFIED SPECIALISTS FOR ULC FIRE ALARM MONITORING SYSTEMS
There are few things more devastating to your business than the threat of fire. Due to the Alberta Fire Code, fire alarms must be installed, maintained, and repaired by certified professionals. You could be held liable if something happens and you haven’t kept your fire alarms updated. That’s why it’s important to turn to Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd. for your fire alarm system needs. We offer the following services:
Fire Alarm System Installation
Protect yourself, your employees, and your property by ensuring your fire alarm system is in working order. At Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd., we provide services for all your fire alarm systems. Edmonton businesses and restaurants can depend on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure fire alarm monitoring, maintenance, and testing. We service and test conventional, addressable, and AC breaker systems as they all require annual testing and maintenance as per the Alberta Fire Code and insurance requirements. We don’t just install your fire alarm system and leave, we ensure you’re protected and get the most out of your investment. Your safety and your employees’ safety are our top priorities. Contact us today for your system installation, verification and monitoring needs.
Commercial businesses require a fire alarm that is different from a residential fire alarm. Commercial fire alarms are required to have more bells and whistles than residences. They are also interconnected so that if one goes off, they all do. This ensures that the building is evacuated as quickly as possible in the event of a fire. Commercial fire alarms also have to be monitored by a third party, typically a security company. This is because if the alarm goes off, it could be due to a fire or it could be due to a break-in attempt. Either way, the security company will dispatch the appropriate authorities.
Commercial businesses require a security system to protect the property from intrusion and fire. The system should be designed to meet the needs of the specific business, including the type of business, the number of employees, and the hours of operation. The system should also be designed to meet the building code requirements for the specific jurisdiction. The installation of the security system should be performed by a qualified installer who is familiar with the code requirements. The system should be tested regularly to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd. provides security services including ULC certified DSC system installations for commercial and residential properties. Our ULC certified monitoring station is based in Edmonton and monitors customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also provide ULC certified fire alarm panel communicator installations. If you have questions about installing a new alarm system, or monitoring, repairing, and testing your current one, contact us for more information or to receive a free quote.
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS EDMONTON
A fire alarm system is an important part of any commercial business. By alerting employees and customers to the presence of smoke or fire, these systems can help to prevent injuries and save lives. Fire alarm systems are required by law in Alberta, and there are a variety of options available to meet the specific needs of your business. With so many choices, it can be difficult to know where to start. However, by taking the time to understand your options and working with a qualified professional, you can ensure that your business has the best possible chance of surviving a fire.
We service all types of fire alarm systems & are able inspect and test your Fire Alarm System to give you & your employees peace of mind, including:
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS FAQ
- A fire alarm system is an active fire protection system that has control of your building’s fire alarm modules. Fire alarm systems are normally composed of smoke detectors and heat sensors, notification systems (like bells or sirens), and fire suppression systems like sprinklers or extinguishers. Some fire alarm systems also use additional warnings such as text notifications or voice messages.
- Most contemporary fire alarm systems use automatic functions to detect events that may indicate a fire, such as smoke, heat, or carbon monoxide. The alarm system then sends a signal from the sensor to the fire alarm panel.
- The alarm panel then activated the necessary components, such as your fire sprinklers, flashers, sirens, or makes a call to notify the local fire department.
- It is important to make sure your fire alarm system is maintained and inspected on a regular basis (we can help)!
There could be several reasons for your fire alarm system or smoke detectors to malfunction. Often it can simply be one of the following reasons:
- Smoke or steam from cooking food
- High humidity or water leaks
- Low or dead batteries
- Dust or debris collected on sensors
- Chemical residue build up
- Organic material (like bugs!)
- Most of these issues can be quickly taken care of on your own, but if the issues persist, there may be a deeper issue to solve. If that happens, please give us a call.
Your fire alarm systems must be maintained in operable condition at all times, and should be tested annually by a qualified and certified company. Proper signage should also be posted above or within one meter of the fire alarm panel. Your reports must also be kept for a minimum of two years. If you need to get up to date, please contact us.
Although the short answer is YES, building codes and fire codes help set the minimum requirements for safety, including your fire alarm system requirements, number of fire sprinklers, etc. To understand your businesses needs, you should always consult with an expert.