COMMERCIAL FIRE ALARM SERVICES
There’s are few things more devastating to your business than the threat of fire. Protect your hard work from going up in flames with our commercial fire alarm installs, inspections, and monitoring.
CERTIFIED SPECIALISTS FOR ULC FIRE ALARM MONITORING SYSTEMS
Due to the Alberta Fire Code, fire alarms must be installed, maintained, and repaired by certified professionals. You could be held liable if something happens and you haven’t kept your fire alarms updated. That’s why it’s important to turn to Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd. for your fire alarm system needs. We offer the following services:
Protect yourself, your employees, and your property by ensuring your fire alarm system is in working order. At Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd., we provide services for all your fire alarm systems. Edmonton businesses and restaurants can depend on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure fire alarm monitoring, maintenance, and testing. We service and test conventional, addressable, and AC breaker systems as they all require annual testing and maintenance as per the Alberta Fire Code and insurance requirements. We don’t just install your fire alarm system and leave, we ensure you’re protected and get the most out of your investment. Your safety and your employees’ safety are our top priorities. Contact us today for your system installation, verification and monitoring needs.
Advanced Fire Protection Services Ltd. provides security services including ULC certified DSC system installations for commercial and residential properties. Our ULC certified monitoring station is based in Edmonton and monitors customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also provide ULC certified fire alarm panel communicator installations. If you have questions about installing a new alarm system, or monitoring, repairing, and testing your current one, contact us for more information or to receive a free quote.
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS EDMONTON
We service all types of fire alarm systems & are able inspect and test your Fire Alarm System to give you & your employees peace of mind, including:
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS FAQ
- A fire alarm system is an active fire protection system that has control of your building’s fire alarm modules. Fire alarm systems are normally composed of smoke detectors and heat sensors, notification systems (like bells or sirens), and fire suppression systems like sprinklers or extinguishers. Some fire alarm systems also use additional warnings such as text notifications or voice messages.
- Most contemporary fire alarm systems use automatic functions to detect events that may indicate a fire, such as smoke, heat, or carbon monoxide. The alarm system then sends a signal from the sensor to the fire alarm panel.
- The alarm panel then activated the necessary components, such as your fire sprinklers, flashers, sirens, or makes a call to notify the local fire department.
- It is important to make sure your fire alarm system is maintained and inspected on a regular basis (we can help)!
There could be several reasons for your fire alarm system or smoke detectors to malfunction. Often it can simply be one of the following reasons:
- Smoke or steam from cooking food
- High humidity or water leaks
- Low or dead batteries
- Dust or debris collected on sensors
- Chemical residue build up
- Organic material (like bugs!)
- Most of these issues can be quickly taken care of on your own, but if the issues persist, there may be a deeper issue to solve. If that happens, please give us a call.
Your fire alarm systems must be maintained in operable condition at all times, and should be tested annually by a qualified and certified company. Proper signage should also be posted above or within one meter of the fire alarm panel. Your reports must also be kept for a minimum of two years. If you need to get up to date, please contact us.
Although the short answer is YES, building codes and fire codes help set the minimum requirements for safety, including your fire alarm system requirements, number of fire sprinklers, etc. To understand your businesses needs, you should always consult with an expert.